Richard Wm. King
Richard Wm. King is a senior partner and shareholder in
King Law Offices, LLC
. He is a member of the Wisconsin Bar Association and of the Bar Association's Elder Law Section.
Richard Wm. King is an experienced Elder Law Attorney. His practice areas include Will, Trust and Estate Planning ; Power of Attorneys; Guardianships; Probate and Trust Termination; Real Estate ; Taxation; and Business Law . Attorney King represents numerous small businesses and serves on the Board of Directors and as an Officer of Capital Brewery Co., Inc.
Attorney King has been a member of AARP's Legal Services Network since its inception in 1996 and has helped thousands of AARP members with wills, power of attorneys, trusts, estate planning, guardianships, probate, real estate, and taxation. He has conducted numerous AARP Legal Services Checkup Seminars and has spoken on Supplemental Income Trusts, Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts, and many other Elder Law topics. He recently co-authored a book on settling the affairs of your loved ones, entitled Guiding Those Left Behind in Wisconsin.
Attorney King was admitted to the Wisconsin Bar in 1983; to the U.S. District Court; Eastern District of Wisconsin in 1983; to the U.S. District Court; Western District of Wisconsin in 1983; and to the U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, in 1983. He is also licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court.
Areas of Practice
- 30% Estate Planning
- 20% Probate & Estate Administration
- 20% Trusts
- 20% Real Estate Law
- 10% Business & Commercial Law
- Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1983
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 1983
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- B.S. - 1977
- Honors: With Distinction, Phi Kappa Phi, Gamma Sigma Delta
- Major: Biology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Capital Brewery Company, Inc., Director, 1987 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Capital Brewery Company, Inc., President & CEO, 1987 - 1989
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- Delta Upsilon